Tooth Cavity Treatment and Prevention
Toothache is not a pleasant experience. The pain can make even an adult cry. Tooth cavity are usually the initial cause of our suffering from a toothache. What actually happens to our teeth when suffering from a toothache? What other result from cavities? What about tooth cavity treatment?
Tooth cavity Trigger factors
Teeth are not caused by worm holes like the opinion of those in the ancient times. This theory lasted until the 1700s until Willoughby Miller an American dentist who worked at the University of Berlin found the cause of tooth decay. He found that cavities caused by the meeting between the bacteria and sugar. Bacteria will convert sugar from food into acids remaining that caused the teeth to acid environment (natural environment should be the base of teeth) and the acid is what ultimately makes a small hole in the tooth enamel.
When a hole occurs in the tooth enamel, we have dental pain. However, a small hole next to the email can be a gap of food and bacteria will make a bigger hole to hole in dentin. At this time we will feel the pains in the teeth when eating. If allowed, the hole until the hole will be nervous that we will begin to feel a toothache. This process will not stop until the end teeth are gone and only the remaining tooth root.
Toothache can not be considered an eye like some people thought, because if ignored, can make the teeth becomes swollen and inflamed. Also cavities can be a means of entrance channel into the germ line of blood that can cause kidney disease, lung, heart and other diseases.
In order not getting worse, so if you have a tooth cavity you should visit your dentist immediately to treat it. Although many people do not like going to the dentist with a reason not care about the state of teeth, expensive worried, afraid or ashamed ridiculed for broken teeth, but going to the dentist is the best solution to overcome a toothache. Cavity can not heal by itself. Although, perhaps after suffering from a toothache, the pain may be gone but not improve the situation of teeth. Teeth will remain hollow, even the hole will keep getting bigger.
Steps to be taken generally by dentist are mending a broken tooth, if not too large hole. However, if we feel the pain of teeth, the fillings can not be done immediately, because then the gas in the tooth can not get out. The doctor will give you painkillers or will turn off the nerves of teeth that we are not tormented with the pain. On the next visit before the teeth will be cleaned and patched temporary, permanent fillings done on the next visit.
If the hole is too big and does not allow for the patched, means that the teeth should be removed. Just as the process of dental fillings, the tooth can not be revoked immediately when the teeth still hurt. This is because when we feel the pain of teeth, the anesthetic drugs (drug resistant so as not to hurt when the teeth removed) can not penetrate the roots of teeth, so that when removed will cause great pain. New tooth extraction process can be done when the teeth have not felt sick and to relieve pain doctors will turn off the tooth nerve.
Prevent tooth cavity
To prevent the occurrence of holes in the teeth, you can perform the following steps:
- Checking your teeth regularly. Visit your dentist every 6 months even if you do not feel the toothache. This is needed so that doctors can detect a small hole that happens to teeth and can be handled immediately so that the hole is not bigger. Can also detect the uneven teeth or grooved teeth which can cause difficult to clean.
- Brushing your teeth regularly and at the right time. The morning after breakfast and at night before bed is a good time to brush my teeth. Saliva is not much out of our time sleeping, so the teeth will be damaged if you let the rest of the food on the teeth without the brush. Saliva is useful to protects teeth from cavity-causing bacteria.
- Brushing teeth the right way. While brushing teeth has been carried out regularly, but if done in a way that is not true, of course the result will not be maximized. The right way is to brush downward to the front teeth (incisors) the top, brushing towards the top to the bottom front teeth and brush horizontally for molars. Brushing teeth should be longer, because this tooth has the potential to stick leftovers.
- Mouthwash after meals. Brushing teeth is not possible after we eat, the best way is to rinse out his mouth so that leftovers do not keep sticking and reduce the acid in the dental situation.
- Use dental floss to remove food scraps. Time food is left, should not be removed by using a toothpick. Use a toothpick can cause a gap between the larger teeth can cause injuries in addition to the gums.
- Choose a toothpaste that contains fluoride. Using toothpaste that contains fluoride. This substance is one of the enamel-forming material. The existence of these substances can prevent tooth decay.
- Eat fibrous foods. Consuming vegetables or fruits can prove stronger teeth and prevent cavities.
- Reduce foods containing sugar and flour. This type of food if left on the teeth and the bacteria will cause acids that create tooth cavity.