Herbal remedy for sore throat – In addition to cooking spices, garlic has long been recognized as an efficacious herbal cure various diseases and even cancer. Research conducted by James North, an expert in microbiology from Brigham Young University in Utah, USA, shows that garlic can stop the symptoms of sore throat. If not sick, garlic is useful as a decongestant that can make way breathing. Yes, raw garlic. Allicin, a chemical found in garlic, kills the bacteria that causes strep throat.
Another study conducted by Andrew Weil of the University of Arizona College of Medicine also proved that garlic can strengthen the immune system, stimulate employment by T cells in charge of fighting infection. People with chronic infection are encouraged to consume raw garlic 1 to 2 cloves every day. This can be found written in Natural Health, Natural Medicine.
Reportedly, the baby also likes garlic. Research conducted in Monnel Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, USA, showed that breastfeeding mothers who consume garlic will make breastfeeding the baby to enjoy longer and more.
Chemicals substances owned garlic are sulfur; Protein; Fat; Dialilsulfide; alilprophil-disulfide; Calcium, phosphorus, iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C
Garlic has a property such as: Diaphoretic; Expectorant; Spasmolitic; Antelmintic; antiseptic; Anticoagulant; Antihistamine; Bakteriostatic.
How to Use Garlic to Treat a Sore Throat
- To cure sore throat, you can turned to good old fashion gargling. 1 cup very warm water mixed with 1/2 tsp salt. Gargle and spit, preferably in front of your significant other because it’s super sexy. (As if the garlic breath wasn’t enough to get them turned on!). You can also gargle with salt water 3-4 times daily.
- If sore throat is accompanied by fever have raw garlic throughout the day. It’s a natural antibiotic, effective against bacteria and viruses.
- Drink plenty of clear fluid. Boil some water when you feel a cold coming on. When the water boils, add several medium-sized pieces of garlic to brew a refreshing, soothing tea. Drink the garlic tea while it is slightly warm. Drinking the tea will help soothe your sore throat and can help you recover from respiratory infections faster.Use garlic tea to treat the immediate symptoms of a sore throat, but don’t stop there. Garlic is a powerful natural antimicrobial agent and it can be used to help strengthen your immune system. A stronger immune system means that your body may fight off the underlying cause of the sore throat faster.
- The famous old-time remedy is to have chicken soup. A homemade broth of chicken, including the skin, with loads of garlic, is effective for throat pain, flu symptoms and colds.
Tips For getting maximum benefit from garlic:
- Purchase garlic that has not been packed. The lump must be a solid, still hard and fresh.
- Avoid buying garlic seemed dry and fall off. Press the garlic cloves with a finger to ensure density.
- Store garlic in a cool and dry. Place the garlic in the basket or container that still allows good air circulation.
- Do not store garlic in the refrigerator.